Bynder's DAM API enables developers to build their bynder-powered applications based on a large set of functionalities provided to them. This is accessible via an HTTP RESTful interface. Here you will find information that will help to get you started but also understand how you can use the API V4 & V5 Reference in order to do more complex calls.
Note: In case you have Paw, you can download the following Paw file which already contains most of the API requests defined in the API V4 & V5 Reference.
- You are a customer of Bynder
- You have API access (tokens) Contact your Customer Success Manager.
Every action performed by the API is actually attributed to a specific user. This user is identified by the parameters passed in the OAuth authorization header.
Regarding the users you select for your API calls, make sure that:
- The user has permissions for what you are trying to achieve with your calls. Check the available user profiles for more information. In most cases a user with the profile Heavy user is recommended.
- The user is active. No calls can be made from a non existend/disabled/deleted user.
Because every call is performed by a specific user, you should also pay attention to the permissions that this user has. If the user does not have access to something in the portal, then as it is logical, will not be able to access it from the API too.
- Consumer and token key/secret pairs. Check the section Authorization and Authentication.
- You know how to construct the authorization header to pass OAuth Protocol Parameters.
- You know how to pass your parameters.
Make your first call
Make a call to get media from Bynder:
|Headers||Authorization : OAuth version 1.0 generated authorization header|
- Set the authorization to OAuth version 1.0
- Populate the consumer and token key/secret pairs
- Update the authorization header
- Send the request